Everything changed at the last inspection. I made the mistake of going to a different shop and they insisted that windows must work in order to pass inspection. I realized fixing the windows was cheaper than a new truck.
A new Instructable was born.
For those wondering, the truck is a 1994 Mazda B-3000. It's the same thing as a Ford Ranger.
Step 1: Tools Required
- A drill for drilling out the rivets
- A couple of screwdrivers (flat and phillips)
- Some tape
- A hammer and a punch
- A socket wrench and box wrench
- And a magnetic retrieval tool (you WILL drop some screws into the door)
- A window regulator (or two)
- A pop-rivet gun and some rivets (a note - I couldn't find one with large enough rivets, so I bought some bolts and nuts)
- Bolts/nuts if you can't find a pop-rivet gun big enough
- Some lubricant