I envision a roof top covered in small lenses which collect the sun and direct it various parts of the house. One could even charge solar electronics with it where there is no sunlight.
Or... we can just wait for OLED to become mainstream. :)
Many downfalls of this as a potential real-world light source:
1. Light changes intensity and color throughout the day, would need to compensate in LCD or with LEDs in display.
2. A focusing lense is needed even for this small display. It would have to track the suns position for optimum light pick-up.
3. Heat could be an issue. Use a cold filter?
4. Fiber optic cable is expensive. This forty feet cost $24 at a bulk dicount store. Larger versions would be costly.
5. No local dimming allowed with this, as newer sets have for increased contrast ratios.
There are others, but this was a quick fun test. Feel free to rip it apart! :D