Tall Glass Jar: Mason, Spaghetti Sauce etc.
Long Sleeve Shirt or Sweater
Extra Fabric for under color (if needed)
Hot glue gun
Step 1: Choose Your Jars and Sleeves.
• Otherwise, any clean glass jar with a wide mouth should work well.
• Make sure the sleeves of the shirt you choose will slide easily over the jars.
Step 2: Measure, Add and Secure Under Fabric
Optional: (When using loose fabric instead of sleeves or for under fabric)
For one of the jars, I chose a sweater which was loosely knitted, so it needed fabric underneath to conceal the jar. I couldn't find a shirt sleeve I liked so I used a scrap from an old dress.
· Lay the jar on the fabric
· Roll the jar up in the fabric about 1/2 inch longer than the jar and cut to fit. Feel free to measure if you need to.
· The extra ½’ is to "tuck" a small amount on the bottom.
· You want just enough to fold the fabric underneath nice and tight.
· Too much on the bottom will be bulky and won't allow the jar to stand up straight. Now
· Once your piece is cut, use your hot glue gun to liberally apply a wavy pattern of glue on the jar.
· Quickly roll your glass jar up in the fabric again, aligned so the extra portion is on the bottom.
· Trim to fit, fold the fabric at the bottom, tuck under and secure with hot glue.
· Next simply slide the sweater sleeve over the top of the fabric covered jar, cut to fit as above.
· I used needle and thread to attach it to the under fabric A quick slip stitch at the top and bottom worked well.
Do not use hot glue under the sleeve, or on top of the under fabric.
*See next step for sleeve only instructions
Step 3: Slip On, Measure and Cut Off Your Sleeves
• Slide the sleeve over the jar
• Cut to fit leaving about ½ inch at the top and bottom.
• Apply a small amount of hot glue at the top and bottom only. Don’t apply glue then try to slide your sleeve on. It will be a mess.
• If your sleeve is already tight, you won’t need much glue anyways to keep it in place. If it is a bit larger, you can use a needle and thread to gather the edges at the top.
• Trim to fit and tuck the bottom in as above last step. Slip stitch the top and bottom to gather it if necessary.