Introduction: Repurpose Used Fences As Garden Trellis
This is an instructable of repurpose used iron fences as garden trellis.
The reason I did this was a few iron fences laying around after putting up new fences. I set it up beside the car porch.
Step 1: Items
- 4 used iron fences
- Nylon string (you can buy from a hardware store, however, I reuse left over from last project)
- Bricks (laying around after the work on the new fences)
- Used lumber (2" x 4" x 5')
Step 2: The Setting Up
- Firstly, I lay out the bricks as a foundation for the fences. (The fences is made from iron. If I put it directly on the ground, it will rust)
- I position the three fences side by side (not exactly 90 degree angle but 45 degree).
- Then, I tie the fences with the nylon string.
- The forth fence I lift it up and position it on the top of the three fences.
- I secure the upper fence with the first and the second fence.
- The number 1, 2, and 3 fences will support and display climbing plants.
- The forth fence will be used to hang planters.
Step 3: The Lumber
- I position the lumber at the lower level.
- The lumber will acts as a shelf for plant nursery.
Step 4: The Climbing
- I plant some bitter melon and grape to climb the trellis.
- In the future, I plan to start planting rock melon, cucumber and sweet bean.
Step 5: The Hanging
- The bitter melon vines has reach the top and cover the upper part.
- I also hang the strawberry planter.
Please don't forget to vote for me.