Introduction: Resin Butterfly Tray
Turn a few pieces of wood into an incredible butterfly tray that looks like it cost a fortune. A beautiful idea for a wedding gift or to jazz up your home decor.
Step 1: Watch Exactly How to Make It Here!
The video is helpful to see exactly how to do each step.
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
Wood for base (size is up to you)
1 1/2" wood trim for the edges (have them cut to size)
1" x 1" wood trim for handles (two pieces about 4" long)
Americana Decoupage in Gloss
Americana Decor Metallics in Antique Brass
Americana Satin Enamel in True Teal
E-6000 Glaze Coat Resin
Optional: Brass corners
Spray bottle with water
Hammer and small nails
Step 3: Here's How
1. Nail your tray together using 1" long nails
2. Sand the edges so they're even and smooth
3. Paint the base with Americana Decor Metallics in Antique Brass
4. Paint the edges and bottom with Americana Decor Satin Enamels in True Teal
5. Cut out your butterfly images
6. & 7. Decoupage the butterflies to the base of the tray and let dry *Mist each butterfly with a spray bottle to relax the paper to prevent bubbles
*Finish with a generous coat of decoupage over all of the images and on the inside edges of the tray
8. Add brass corners (this step is optional but I think it makes the tray look expensive and chic!)
9. & 10. Nail in the 1" x 1" wood pieces on the sides for handles and then paint in the True Teal
11. Mix the Glaze Coat resin and pour evenly in the base of the tray
*Spread with a sponge brush to help even it out
12. Pop the bubbles with a small torch OR long arm lighter and let cure overnight
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.