This is a fairly simple procedure and anyone who knows simple electronics and bike bits will be right at home with this conversion. Parts & Tools You'll Need
- Your original bike taillight
- 1 cheap LED bike light - One of the small ones, preferably red with a flashing function.
- 1 small Reed Switch - A type of magnetic switch, I salvaged one from an old cycle computer sensor, but any electronics store will have one.
- A small Neodymium Magnet.
- Some thin insulated wire - Again I salvaged some from the cycle computer, you don't need much, 30cm or so.
- Some decent Electrical or Gaffer Tape.
- A Soldering Iron, Solder and a Solder Sucker (If that's the way you roll).
- Willingness to part with tradition.
Find a comfortable place to work with your bike close at hand, Let's get started.