I started with keeping a small DIY whiteboard (there are several here at Instructables to try) by my desk and asked my co-workers to use that if they needed to leave me a message. I've had some success with that though I thought it would be great if I could use something similar to leave messages on other people's desks, documents, monitors, doors, etc. So I made these laminated notes with Blu-Tack stuck on the back.
Step 1: Materials and Tools:
- Scrapbook paper (you can use wrapping paper, magazine cut outs etc.)
- Clear vinyl contact paper
- Computer paper (try coloured paper for eye catching notes)
- Binder clips
- Blu-Tack or Removable Glue Dots
- Velcro with adhesive on the back
- Small craft pom-poms (you can also use felt)
- Fine tip dry erase marker
- Glue, tape, scissors, ruler
- Templates (optional), see below
Step 2: Contact paper
To apply the contact paper cut two pieces large enough to cover the computer paper that you are using for your notes. Peel off the backing of the sheet and stick it to one side of the note paper. Start from the top edge and roll the backing down, use a ruler to smooth it out and prevent bubbles or creases. Repeat on the other side.