By Faith Sugarman • Photo by Rebecca Uhle
Courtesy of Venus Zine
• “Hello my name is” stickers ($4.50 a pack)
• dry erase markers (4 pack, $4.50)
• 8 inch x 11 inch cardstock paper pad, multicolor (50 sheets, $5)
• roll of clear contact paper ($3.50)
• a piece of cardboard
TOTAL COST: $17.50
SKILL LEVEL: easy peasy
Step 1: Step 1
Step 2: Step 2
Step 3: Step 3
Step 4: Step 4
Step 5: Step 5
Step 6: Step 6
Step 7: Variations
• ball chain and connectors (approx. $3)
• grommets or eyelets (optional; $2.50)
• hole punch
1. Make a 3 1/2 inch x 2 1/2 inch cardboard template.
2. Trace the template and cut the cardstock.
3. Place the "Hello my name is" sticker in the center and laminate with clear contact paper.
4. Use a standard hole punch to make a hole in the upper left corner. It's optional, but using an eyelet or grommet to finish the hole will give your project a swanky, polished look. These are inexpensive and readily available in the scrapbooking section of any craft store.
5. Cut a 4-inch piece of ball chain with scissors, thread it through the hole, and close it with a ball-chain connector.
6. When it's time to use the placecards, write the partygoer’s name in dry erase marker. Unhook the ball chain, wrap it around the stem of a wine glass, and snap the ball-chain connector shut.