Step 1: Ingredients and Equipment
- 2 pounds Rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 4 Limes
- 1 Lemon
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Ice (the quantity depends on the smoothie consistency you want)
- A Blender
- 5 Canning Jars with Lids and Seals
- A Sharp Knife
Step 2: Juice the Citrus
Stash the juice in a refrigerator while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Note: If you use a fine quality knife to cut the citrus fruits in half, it is important to wash it as soon as you are finished. The acidity from the fruit can damage the steel.
Step 3: Rhubarb Juice: Prepare the Rhubarb
Second, after all of the rhubarb has been cut and placed into a pot. Add one cup of the sugar to the pot along with enough water to almost cover the rhubarb. Give the contents of the pot a stir to ensure that all of the sugar is dissolved.