Introduction: Rice Krispie Treat Ice Cream Sandwich
Rice Krispies treats and ice cream - two great things that taste pretty good together!
We had leftovers from fungus's Rice Krispies treats experiments and scooch's famous 5-minute ice cream hanging about the offices at the same time. It was clear what I had to do - combine them into a single incredible, instant-diabetic-coma-inducing snack!
To re-create this
- flatten Rice Krispie Treat to 1/4-1/2 inch height.
- cut Rice Krispie Treat into roughly 2-inch squares.
- slather with 1/2-3/4 inch thick iice cream.
- smooth edges of ice cream even with sides of Rice Krispie Treat.
- return to freezer until solid enough to eat.
- eat as much as you can
- feed them to everyone around you
- return unused portions to freezer
- collapse on couch and moan uselessly
So maybe this version's Rice Krispie Treats were too thick, and maybe raspberry ice cream isn't the best choice for filling. I bet it would taste awesome if we were all still 8 years old!
We think these could be pretty awesome if:
- the Rice Krispie Treat layers were thinner
- vanilla ice cream was used for the filling
- the whole thing was then dipped in chocolate!
More experiments forthcoming. Probably. If any of us can ever get off the couch.