Introduction: Ritz-y Tote
Make this stylish graphic tote after you've enjoyed a box of Ritz crackers. You can use this process on other boxes of course but I like the bold graphic of the iconic Ritz logo.
Step 1: Materials Needed
- Empty Ritz box (12.9 oz box)
- 1 3/4" x 19 1/2" piece of foamcore (I used black/blackcore)
- X-acto knife or other cutting tool
- Straight edge
- White glue
- Pop Rivet tool
- Pop Rivets
- 1 1/2" Grograin Ribbon (I used 43")
- Workable Fixative
Step 2: Cut Down the Box - Keep the Lower Part
- Cut the Ritz box 5 1/2" from the top edge
- Save the lower part of the box
- Cut away parts of the corners of the lower part of the box
- Create the bottom of the tote by inserting the lower part of the box into the top part using white glue
Step 3: Foamcore Insert
- Fold the foamcore to match the corners of the box
- Insert from the top with white glue
- Trim the foamcore so that it is flush with the top edge of the box
Step 4: Spray With Workable Fixative
This is an optional step but if you have some Workable Fixable around it helps the durability of the tote and gives it a nice finish.
Step 5: Attach the Strap
- Using the pop rivet tool attach the strap with pop rivets
- Place the strap between the box and the foamcore insert
Step 6: Done!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.