This is version 1.1 of my road bike tire watch band. More to come as I'll add instructions on how to make the removable cloth piece for extra comfort. Having the road bike tire against your bare skin doesn't feel so good.
- 1 Road bike tire - recommend a used 700x21-25c road bike tire size where the middle is worn down. This wear will make it easier to install the watch.
- 2 Rivets
- 1 Sports Watch - keep the pins from the previous band.
- +6inches of Velcro - approx 1.5cm width recommended
- (optional) cloth - 10x3inch sheet approximately - cycling jersey recommended
Tools you will need:
- Sharpie or felt tip pen
- Pair of Scissors
- Sharp knife
- Leatherworking punch set
- Rivet setter (in most Leatherworking tool kits) OR Rivet press (expensive!)
- Sewing kit or sewing machine
- Pliers (needle nose)