Introduction: Roasted Chicken and Potatoes With Green Herb Sauce
Roasted Chicken and Potatoes topped with tasty Green Herb Sauce – easy one pan meal full of bold flavors!
Step 1: Ingredients
1 whole chicken, quartered
3 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, halved then quartered
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
½ tsp dry rosemary
2 cloves garlic, pressed
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
½ cup fresh mint
½ cup parsley
1 tbsp capers
2 cloves garlic
salt and pepper
Step 2: Chicken and Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic, and juice of one lemon.
Step 3: Chicken and Potatoes Cont.
- In a large roasting pan, arrange potato wedges in a single layer. Coat potatoes with ⅓ of the butter mixture. Toss to combine.
- Place chicken pieces over the potatoes. Rub the rest of the butter mixture onto chicken.
- Cut remaining lemon into wedges and arrange over potatoes and chicken.
Roast in oven 1½ hours, or until chicken reaches 170°F.
Step 4: Herb Sauce
- While the chicken and potatoes are roasting, prepare the herb sauce.
- In a small food processor, combine all ingredients. Process just until finely chopped (you don't want a paste!).
Step 5: Enjoy!
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from oven. Immediately top chicken pieces with herb sauce and let sit 10 minutes before cutting. Use remaining sauce for serving.