Introduction: Roasted Garlic Olive Oil Spread
Roasted Garlic Olive Oil Spread is fluffy and spreadable straight from the refrigerator. It is made by whipping Olive oil and Butter in equal proportions along with Roasted Garlic. It is a simple, delicious and easy to make spread without compromising the taste of butter. Try It you will Love it :)
Step 1: Ingredients
1) Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp for roasting Garlic
2) Butter - 1/2 Cup
3) Garlic Pods
4) Salt as per taste
Step 2: Roasting the Garlic
Garlic can be roasted either on stove top or using the Oven
Using Stove Top (I roasted on the stove top)
1) Place a pan on medium heat and add olive oil.
2) When the oil is hot add the garlic pods(with the skin on and top cut off a little) and saute till is cooked completely.
3) Allow it cool down, remove the skin on the pods and mash it using a fork.
1) Cut the 1/4 to a 1/2 inch from the top of garlic cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
2) Drizzle a couple teaspoons of olive oil over each exposed head, rub the olive oil over all the cut, exposed garlic cloves.
3) Cover the bulb with aluminum foil. Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 30-35 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when pressed.
Step 3: Getting the Spread Ready
1) Whip the butter(room temperature) till it turns soft using the hand blender.
2) Slowly, keep adding the olive oil little by little and blend it well. Till mixture is fluffy.
3) Then season it with salt as per taste.
4) Now add the roasted crushed garlic according to taste (I added 2-3 Tsp)
5) Mix the mixture very well and check for seasoning once again.
6) Pour the mixture into a container having a lid and store in the refrigerator overnight.
Note: I have used equal amount Olive oil and Butter(1:1 ratio). Olive oil and butter can be increased or decreased depending on the preference.
The Roasted Garlic Olive oil spread is ready. Enjoy !
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.