Not just anyone can perform surgery. It takes decades of schooling and years of experience to become a surgeon. Fortunately, most anyone can not only play operation, but build their own custom operation game. In this way you can practice removing unnecessary bits from whatever sentient life-form you wish. You may not get a surgical license for this, but you will surely have a better time than attending medical school.
Step 1: Go Get Stuff
- 4 "AA" Battery Holder (Model: 270-391 | Catalog #: 270-391)
- (x2) Red LED with Holder (Model: 276-084 | Catalog #: 276-084)
- 75dB Piezo Electric Buzzer (Model: 273-054 | Catalog #: 273-054)
- 220 ohm 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor (Model: 271-1313 | Catalog #: 271-1313)
- Enercell® "AA" Alkaline Batteries (4-Pack) (Model: AA-4PK | Catalog #: 23-849)
- Robot operation template (see attached)
- Operation pieces
- (x4) 1/4" x 1-1/14" bolts with nuts
- (x4) Washers
- (x4) Rubber bolt covers
- 11 x 17 mat board.
- Aluminum foil
- Two zip ties
Step 2: Glue
Smooth it out to get rid of air bubbles and make sure it is attached well.
Step 3: Cut
Step 4: Glue Some More
Step 5: Aluminum Edges
Carefully cut the inner shapes and fold the aluminum up and over the lips of the opening onto the picture side.
Step 6: More Holes
Step 7: LEDs
Step 8: Bolts
Cut a 12" piece of wire and expose three inches. Wrap the exposed wire around this first bolt. Put on a washer and then fasten it down with a nut.
Pass the remaining bolts through, add washers and fasten them in place with nuts.
Step 9: Buzzer
Step 10: Tweezers
Solder this wire to the joint of your tweezers.
Step 11: Wire It Up
Wire the two red LED wires to your 220 ohm resistor.
Wire the red buzzer wire and the tweezers wire to the other side of the resistor.
Wire together all of the black wires.
Step 12: Clean It Up
Bundle together all of the wires with zip ties, except for the tweezers wire.
Step 13: Finishing Touches
Step 14: Batteries
Now, when you touch the tweezers anywhere on the aluminum foil, the LEDs should light up and the buzzer should buzz.