Always wanted to learn how to make some fun and fashionable earrings? Well lets get to it! These earrings not only have swing and a little rock and roll personality, they are fairly easy to make yourself and you can change them to suit your limitless imagination and bead supply, which ever comes first.
Step 1: Supplies and Tools
- 12" of 18 gauge wire
- 18" Chain with links open enough for wire. (I recycled a broken necklace)
- Twelve 6mm ball beads
- One set ear wires
- Wire Cutters
- Round nose pliers
- Shot Glass (preferably empty, so bottoms up)
Step 2: Directions
1. Cut wire in half to make two pieces 6" long
2. Make a loop at one end of each wire with round nose pliers
3. Wrap wire around the shot glass close to the top with the loops facing out. This should create a teardrop shape.
4. Cut chain into 14 pieces 1"(there may be a very tiny chain left but we are losing one ring each time we cut, so do not cut them longer).
5. Slide one chain then one ball onto the hoop alternating till you have 7 chains and six balls on each hoop. Do not worry if the wire gets a little warped, you can reshape it on the shot glass if needed.
6. Now make a loop on the other end that goes around under the other loop and close it.
7. Add your ear wire and you have a pair of real rock and roll earrings
For more projects and a look at my gallery please visit www.DawnRosell.com