At this point, you got yourself a robot. Now, all you gotta do is add some code. I am currently putting the finishing touches on some Tank-specific tutorials but the beauty of the arduino (or whatever motor controller you use) is the fact that the magical internets contain many, many tutorials. As a run-down, and highlights, here are a few things to have on your radar:
- There is some example code included with this step
- Run test code for each "sub-system" one at a time. Test the sharp sensor, servo, motors, etc before trying to "put them all together"
- Center your servo (through code) before mounting the sensor bracket.
- If the motors are not moving the correct direction, simply unplug one or both, flip the connector and plug it back in. This is much faster and easier than changing a lot of code.
- There are some more tutorials available here. Although for a different robot, they cover a lot of basic stuff, will translate well to what you are doing and include video walk-thoroughs of the code.
- Don't forget the Arduino Page
- Don't hesitate to shoot me an email --Can be found through the "contact" link at Rocket Brand Studios