1. Any Hot Wheels Car(watch the weight- not to light and not to heavy)
2. Model Rocket Engine(Preferably C6-5)(The C6-5 will give it more speed)(Also will need the butt plug and igniter which should come with the kit)(whatever you do, do not use a "E" motor there will be to much force)
3. Pen Tube or Straw or the little Tube in the Mechanical Pencils
4. A wooden plank with a distance of about 20' long and preferably a 2 x 4
5. 2 L Brackets
6. A wire to hook up on the track(the thicker the better, but not to thick)
7. Car Battery
8. and mini jumper cables
9. Common Household Items( ex. hammer, glue gun, drill, etc.)
Step 1: First the Track:
2. Take 1 L Bracket and put it at one end and drill the screws where they need to go.( Picture might help)
3. Do the same with the other bracket at the other end.
4. Now for this step you can do it before you screw the brackets on or after, but your going to drill two extra holes on the left and right side of the brackets about half way for both brackets.
5. Now you take the wire and you tie it through the holes at the end of the board pretty tight but do not tie them at the front cause we will get to that later.
Step 2: Now the Car!!!
Luckily our car was a sports car so it was pretty easy to make.
2. What we did was just take a hammer and smash the top until you have a nice concave surface or until the roof and windows fall off.
3. Then you hot glue the engine in the little pocket(make sure the little hole is in the back) and let it dry.(For extra protection duct tape that bad boy about three times around)
4. Then take the two little pen tubes, straws, etc.(I suggest pen tubes cause sometimes the straws melt from the glue), cut or saw the tube into two 2 inch pieces and glue gun them to the side of the tape on each side and give it another little once around on the duct tape for the tubes.
5. Now you take one of those huge clip thingy's that has a big black triangle at the end with the two metal "arms?" and duct tape that bad boy to the top of that rocket.
Step 3: Putting It All Together!
2. Then take the igniter and put the part that has the black part at the end in side the little hole of the engine.
3. Then put the butt plug in there to secure the igniter.( and with the little wires from the igniter sticking out fold them up.) And put the car all the way at the beginning.
4. Now for us since it is a class and we need to have some kind of educational benefit from this we used these things called Photogates to track how fast the cars went.
Want to find out more about Photogates:
Step 4: Testing It!
1. Get the car battery(or lawn mower)
2. Take the alligator side of the mini jumper cables and attach them to the wires sticking out from the igniter.
3. Take the wire side and touch one end to one side of the battery and the other wire to the other side and watch the car go PEWN!!!
Step 5: Our Run!!!
THAT WAS MY INSTRUCTABLE HOPED YOU LIKED IT!!!!