Step 1: Rocket Race Car
Step 3: Assembly of Car
2. Take car to the track (once it is built) and size it up to the wires for the correct placement of the pen tubes.
3. Cut your pen tube in half and glue one half to each side of the rocket engine at the correct place to allow for them to side on the wire.
4. Allow to dry
5. Cut a 2" piece of straw and hot glue it vertically on top of your rocket engine.
Step 4: Materials for Track
2. 8- 1.5" wood screws
3. 42' 12 gauge steel wire
4. 2- "L" brackets
Step 5: Assembly of Track
2. Take the wire and bend it in half.
3. Take the two ends of the wire and run them through the wholes in one of the "L" brackets, making a loop, pull the wire all the way through.
3. Run the two ends of the wire down the rest of the track and tie them off on the other "L" bracket.
There should be two wires running parallel down the track, this will ensure the car goes down the track accurately and does not come off.
Now you will need to mark the track at the 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 meter marks, so you will know where to put the photogates.