The construction of this stove comprises of the following:
- 1 Tin/Galvanized garbage can and or waste bin
- 4 inch 90 degree elbow metal piping
- metal sheers and or dremel with diamond cutting disks
- A coffee can or other such to fit onto elbow
- Dirt, something we can dig up and not pay for ! :)
- A shovel will be needed for dirt removal
- 3 90 degree metal easy shelf brackets (L bracket), preferred not painted but will eventually be paint-less after use
- charcoal and some small wood pieces and or branches
- eco friendly charcoal lighter fluid
Great for cooking fish outdoors without smelling up the house alongside Bacon.
Many uses, picnics, tailgating, beach, backyard, camping, outdoor cooking, off grid cooking.
In case of an emergency to put out the rocket stove you can empty the dirt out to distinguish fire. With no worries because it was just dirt.
Step 1: Cutting
You can make a paper template of the diameter of the pipe to make for easier cutting, placement and more precise.
Trace around your template with a perminant marker.
Use your dremel and diamond cutting disk to make the first cut from the centre to the edge of the circle just traced around.
Or you can use a metal punch and punch in the centre watching not to bend the can out of shape
Going onwards with your metal shears cutting this circle like a pie or pizza.
Bend back the triangles you are left with after cutting around the circle into the can/bin
Do a test fit of the elbow in your opening and adjust until snug fitting.
Use your coffee can on the end of the elbow. The coffee can should be 1" from the top of the can
Step 2: Final Filling and Startup
You want to fill the can/bin with dirt up to the coffee can or slightly under. Packing it down to create a snug bond with the metal sealing air cracks
Grab the 3 l brackets needed and wedge them into the soil on the edge of the can/bin
Now your ready to grab that cast iron pan and start cooking with the Rocket stove anywhere.
Personaly charcoal and a combination of wood works best for a clean burn, wood can be used alone in the Rocket stove as well. Once hot the Rocket stove can burn 80% smokeless
Start your fire with Organic liquid fire for best results. (Sold at Canadian Tire) charcoal lighter fluid is an alternative sold more places