Step 1: What you'll need
From your recycling bin:
• two 2L pop bottles (I used Coke Zero)
• mouth was bottle
• two shampoo or conditioner bottles (plastic deodorant containers may work too)
• round plastic dip or spread container
• thin cardboard from cereal boxes or something similar
• paper towel tube
From the thrift store or the back of your closet:
• old purse with brown faux-leather straps
From the craft store, hardware store or your supply cabinet:
• scissors and x-acto knife
• glue gun and glue sticks
• white glue
• masking tape
• spray primer
• spackling paste
• silver spray paint
• craft paint in bronze, pewter and black
• paint brushes
Step 2: Rockets!
Cut off the necks and toss them back in your recycling bin.
Cut two strips of cardboard slightly longer than the circumference of the pop bottles.
Wrap the cardboard around the bottle bottoms to form a tube that will be the main body of your rockets. Secure with masking tape.
Step 3: The pointy bits
Make your rockets nice little party hats and secure them with the help of masking tape and your glue gun.
Be careful when using the glue gun on the pop bottles tops as the heat can warp the plastic.