After seeing Rodarte's light-up heels, I decided to make some for myself. The task seemed simple enough. I was able to make a slipcover for the heel of my shoe with embedded light. I used the LED sequins from Aniomagic, you can find them here. The battery pack is from Switch Craft, the materials below account for this. You can use a different battery holder if you like, both Aniomagic and Lilypad's battery holders work well.
Step 1: Materials
- * Pair of your favorite high-heeled shoes
- 2 sew-able LEDs
- Saran Wrap or lightweight sheer fabric.
- Ribbon (at least 1 yard, more if you want it to lace up your leg)
- Conductive thread/or thin conductive wire
- Main Fabric (pick one with a good translucency for the light)
- Cotton Lining Fabric
- Paper and pencil
- Needle, Thread & Fabric Pins, Scissors
FOR Switch Craft BATTERY PACK:
- 3 Hearing Aid Batteries (size 10)
- 5mm Heat Shrink Tubing
- 4 Magnetic jewelry clasps, 2 gold and 2 silver (design must be flat on both ends)