For about $15 at Home Depot or Lowes, you can get:
- 1x clevis shackle (a nice big one; mine was rated for something like 2000 lb)
- 1x eye bolt (long enough to go through the branch you've chosen)
- 1x regular nut
- 1x lock nut
- 2x washers
If you don't already have a rope, get one while you're at the hardware store.
- My rope is nylon, about 30 feet long and about 1.5 inches thick. It cost me somewhere around $20.
- You need 10-15 feet of rope for the monkey's fist knot
- Thicker is better: no one wants to cut their hands on a thin rope, even if it's strong enough.