Introduction: Rose Flavored Summer Drink
The summer is upon us and what better way to enjoy it than by sipping an a rose flavored drink. It is easy to make and oh so refreshing!
Step 1: Ingredients
- Dried/Fresh rose petals from about 5 flowers (whatever you have at hand works)
- 3 tablespoon castor sugar
- A quarter of a beetroot chopped
- 10-12 mint leaves finely chopped
- 4-5 leaves of sweet basin chopped
- A lemon
- 500 ml water
Step 2: Infuse Rose Flavour
Boil about 200 ml of water and pour it in a bowl. Then tip your rose leaves in the water. Set aside.
Step 3: Brew the Other Ingredients
Pour the remaining water in a saucepan and bring to boil. Once boiling, tip in your beetroot and herbs. Let boil for 4-5 minutes and then let simmer.
Step 4: Let It Cool
Strain the brewed beetroot and herb water in a bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool.
Step 5: Assemble the Drink
Once cooled, add the rose infused water, sugar and lemon juice to the brewed mix and serve! As simple as that!