Introduction: Rotary Tool Oscillating Attachment
I had cheap oscillating tool.
I bought it years ago, after couple weeks of use it broke. It cost 10 dollars, so i didn't bother to return it.
It waited long time in my closet, until one day i decided to fix it.
Motor was burnt so badly that i rather started to think another way to use it.
Step 1: Lets Start.
I removed the casing, and cut the motor out with angle grinder. I left it about 12mm long.
I "machined" the axle with angle grinder and flap disks to 8mm diameter.
It was easier than i tought, because axle was surfaced with thick layer of varnish, and after removing it, i had to remove only half millimeter from the diameter to get it to desired size.
Then i did M8 thread to it.
Step 2: Collet..
Whole idea was so simple.
I inserted dremel collet to the axle. (that silvery one wich connects flex shaft to rotary tool)
Because dremel uses weird threads in their tools. I had no suitable tools to make similar threads.
I used M8 its nearly same sized.
I did M8 threads for the collet too. It mixed the thread, but it seem to fit firmly. Secured it with stong epoxy.
that should last.
And to the idea..
I use same silver collet in my dremel too, regular nail works as an axle between them.
I didn't secure nail any way in case that i need to change it.
Step 3: Casing..
Casing could have been done with 3d printer too.
But i wanted to go with hack style all the way.
Dremel cutting guide attachment worked nicely in that purpose.
It fitted little tightly, but i tought thats just a good thing.
I applied glue between the casing and oscillating head.
Finally secured it with small screws using the holes in the oscillating head.
I have used it a lot, without problems.
Step 4: Ready..
Ready to go.
I have used it a lot, and without problems.
If some brand starts to make these, i would buy one.
Of course it needed to be painted black, so it fits with my other attachments. .)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.