This is a rotating /revolving bin composter also known as a batch composter.
Warning: Woodworking is inherently dangerous. You are using sharp tools some of them spinning at large RPM's. You need to be wearing eye protection at all times, hearing protection as needed and because you are going to be working on some very small pieces you must use a push stick. Niether I or Instructables bear any responsibility if you do something stupid, lose focus, act carelessly, or recklessly. Also the saw dust from pressure treated lumber may cause skin irritation and depending on your source of barrel the contents may be dangerous as well.
I strongly suggest that you only use food safe containers.
You will need the following items
1) Foods safe plastic barrel
2) Hinges. I used stockade hinges you may want to use a piano hinge. It is your choice. I was not willing to drill that many holes or use that many screws, washers and nuts.
3) 2 Barrel latches. Yes you will need two.
4) 1/4 -20 screws and nuts. I used about 100 to build two of these.
5) Washers- to match the screws you chose.
6) Lock washers- to match the screws you chose.
7) About 18" of sheet metal.
8) 2 2x4's 8 ft long.
9) 1 1x6 8 ft long.
10) Two handles with screws.
11) Approximately 4ft- 5 ft of 2 1/2 inch PVC pipe
12) Outdoor grade wood screws about 20 -30 I went with about 20 that were 2 1/2 inches and about 4 that were 3 inches.
13) Masking tape