I tried once to do a round box out of grey cardboard, and it didn't come out well. For small boxes empty tape centers and other cardboard cylinders makes it easier.
This is my first instructable, it's been a while since i'm around and i've learned a lot from you people and now i feel like I should contribute with something. So I hope you all like this instructable and if you have any suggestions feel free to tell me.
Step 1: Materials
- 2 empty tape centers
- Scraps of 2mm Grey cardboard (enough to cut two circles the diameter of the tape center)
- 1 piece of 1mm grey cardboard (enough to cut a strip slightly higher than the top of the box and long as the internal perimeter of the center of the tape)
- Metal ruler, scissors and a utility knife
- white paper and thin gift paper
- Sanding paper (60 or 100 grit will be ok)
Step 2: Mark and Cut the Bottom and Top of the Box
Once you've cut them apply glue around the edge of one of the circles and the top of one of the tape centers, let the glue set a little bit and press them together. Do the same to the other tape center.
Step 3: The Top of the Box
Step 4: Lining the Box (part I)
Take one of the parts of the box and brush it with glue.
Line with white paper only the outside of the box without bending the excess of paper inside the box. If there is any excess of paper cut it away and press the lined surface with a pen to make the surface as flat as possible.
Repeat with the other part of the box.
Step 5: Lining the Box (part II)
First line the sides cutting a strip wider than the piece of the box so you can fold the excess inside the box and over the top. and then go to the top and the bottom of the box.
Now glue the cardboard strip inside the box cover.
And it's done :)