The gun is based on the glove gun I made in an earlier instructable, but this is designed specifically for darts or little arrows and does not require the finger of a rubber glove - just a strip of rubber as you will see.
Step 1: What You Will Need
- A length of plastic pipe about 400mm long. Half inch pipe is fine.
- A strip of rubber from a rubber glove or similar. 200mm x 20mm approximately.
- Duct Tape.
- Bamboo barbecue sticks. Available from any supermarket.
- Duct Tape
- Hacksaw to cut the pipe.
Step 2: Make Your Launcher
Your launcher is now ready. Just need some darts.
Step 3: Make Some Darts
To make the flights use duct tape. Leaving enough length of shaft to grip with your fingers, wrap the tape around the stick and make three folds as in the pictures. With scissors trim the flights to the desired shape. They will need to be small enough to pass through the pipe of the launcher.
Repeat this process until you have enough darts.
Step 4: Shooting
To fire the dart gun just:
- insert the dart into the breech,
- put the rubber over the end of the dart,
- grip the dart through the rubber,
- pull back, *** DO NOT pull back so far that the dart comes out of the gun completely unless you want to punch it through your other hand.
- Aim at your target,
Step 5: Variations on the Gun
I hope you can have some fun with it.