I designed this dress as part of a series.
I wanted this one to be a high fashion runway piece inspired
by the beauty of flames. I am so pleased with how it all came together.
I've made this "making of" so you can get an idea of how I put it together.
I hope it inspires you to make your own beautiful piece.
If you would like to see some more of my costumes you can visit my website:
or you can visit my etsy shop:
- 5 yards yellow Chiffon
- 5 yards Red Chiffon
- 5 yards orange chiffon
- 1 yard sparkly orange special occasion satin
- 1.5 yards red dupioni silk
- 1.5 yards fuze-able web
- 1.5 yards imported corset coutil.
- a mix of spiral steel boning and flatsteel boning.
- gold size 00 grommets
- a mix of various fire colored Swarovski crystals and crackle glass beads
- red and orange glass gems.
- brass metal decorations
- clear cast epoxy resin (you need about 4 oz)
- galvanized steel wire
- black floral tape
- Orange and red basket wrap cellophane
- gold and red glitter
- a wood burning iron, incense sticks, or long matches your choice
- a hot glue gun
- a heat iron or regular iron