This instructable will show you how to transform a normal Xbox data transfer cable into a full SATA to USB cable.
Added bonus: It will still work as an Xbox data transfer cable after we are through!
Step 1: Parts List
You will need:
1. A 12v Switching Power supply capable of 1A.
2. A power plug that fits said power supply
3. A piece of wire (about 3.5" long)
4. An Xbox data transfer cable
5. A full size SATA hard drive
6. A hot glue gun with a stick of glue ready
7. tin snips or pair of heavy duty scissors
8. A little time
9. (optional) patience