Introduction: SMART INSTALL LTE-Cell-Scanner ON WINDOWS WORKSTATION AND VMWARE WITH RTL_SDR
continue to contribution test code sniff gsm traffic with Evrytania/LTE-Cell-Scanner quick and easy installation.
My Link: https://giammaiot.blogspot.com/
- VMware Workstation Player
- GNU Radio Live SDR Environment
Windows system machine with 4gb of ram and dual core processor, hackrf or rtl sdr device.
Step 1: Installation
- Download GNU Radio Live SDR Environment 3.7.11
- Download VMware Workstation Player
- Install VMware Workstation Player
- Start VMware Workstation Player
- Create a new virtual machine , installer disc image file (iso) with GNU Radio Live SDR Environment image
- Open virtual machine
- Download ZIP file to github of Evrytania/LTE-Cell-Scanner
- UnZip Evrytania/LTE-Cell-Scanner on desktop
- Download ZipFile from GitHub:
- Fix lib and dependencies:
sudo apt install libblas-dev librtlsdr-dev libncurses5-dev libitpp-dev -y
- Quick build instructions:
sudo make install
Step 2: Running
I advise you to search online the frequencies allocated for your area of lte channel.
Quick usage instructions:
- Search for LTE carriers within a common LTE frequency range used in the US:
CellSearch --freq-start 715e6 --freq-end 768e6
- Start tracking LTE cells on frequency 739 MHz:
LTE-Tracker -f 739000000
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.