Introduction: SMOKED WILD ALASKAN SALMON, GREEN PEAS & CHEDDAR CHEESE NOODLE BAKE
There is absolutely nothing special about this easy recipe; just open a few packages of smoked salmon, a can of Campbell's concentrated Mushroom soup, some frozen peas, and shred some cheese. Boil some pasta for about 8 minutes while your oven is heating to 400 degrees F. Bake for about 25 minutes total and Mangiare!
Step 1: The Basic Ingredients
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cook Egg noodles according to package instructions.
- 1 Can Campbell's Fat Free Concentrated Cream of Mushroom Soup (about 10-3/4 oz)
- 1/2 Cup of Almond Breeze Original Milk
- 1 Cup Frozen Green Peas
- 1/2 Cup of Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- *10 oz Smoked Wild Caught Alaska Salmon
- 2 Cups Cholesterol-free Egg White Noodles (about 4 oz dry
- 1 (or 2) tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3 TBS French's French Fried Onions
NOTE: This recipe should have about 10 or 12 ounces of smoked salmon. The best I could find was 3 oz packages of Chicken of the Sea Smoked Wild Caught Salmon, so I used 3 packages, or about 9 ounces.
(I do not care for the canned salmon, regardless of how it is prepared or where it comes from)
Step 2: DIRECTIONS
- Grease (spray with Pam or Canola Oil Spray) a 2 quart Casserole Dish
- Stir in the soup, milk, peas, *tuna, cheese, and noodles,
- Bake the mixture for 10 minutes; stir and check consistency (after 10 minutes, I tasted the casserole and felt that the mixture was too dry, so I added 1/2 cup of chicken broth (you could use vegetable broth or more milk). Since I love cheese, I also stirred in about 2 tablespoons of shredded Bel Gioioso Sharp Provolone (one of my favorite cheeses).
- Continue to bake for another 10 minutes
NOTE: I found the packets of smoked wild salmon to contain some liquid. Before adding the Salmon to the baking dish carefully drain them over the sink; then, as you stir the tuna into the mixture, break up any large pieces with a fork.
Step 3: ADD TOPPING AND FINISH BAKING
- Remove the casserole from the oven
- Top with a liberal sprinkling of Smoked Paprika
- Spread 3 TBS of French's French Fried Onions over the top, and return the dish to the oven
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes
(The only problem I had here was that once I opened the french fried onions, I could not stop snacking on them)
Step 4: TIME TO EAT
What else can I say, except serve with the beverage of your choice (iced tea, beer, or, in this case, a little white wine I enjoyed my dinner so much tonight that I forgot how much I was eating, and I probably went back to the casserole dish 3 times!
Step 5: NUTRITION
I estimate that the total recipe has about 1,283 calories and 109 carbohydrates.
If you can get 4 servings out of the dish (good luck), each serving will have about 321 calories and 27 carbs!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.