Sour Patch are soft and chewy candy with a coating of sour sugar. I know this recipe will help many Mommys to surprise their kids with yummy Sour patch. I made this sour patch with watermelon flavour. It is very easy to make and Fun too.. Hope you all enjoy this :)
Step 1: Ingredients
1 big piece Watermelon ( you will need 1 cup of Watermelon juice for this recipe )
2 1/4 tsp Citric acid
1 1/4 cup Water, divided
Unflavoured Gelatin (7 tbsp + 2 tsp)
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 tbsp Granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp Citric acid
40 - 50 Sour Patch Watermelons
Step 2: Mold for making Watermelon Jellies
1. Line the bread baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Step 3: Blend the watermelon chunks
1. Cut the watermelon into small chunks and discard the rind.
2. Take the chunks in the blender and blend it smoothly.
3. Strain the juice using strainer.
Step 4: Combine gelatin and juice
1. Take a cup of watermelon juice in a medium bowl, add half of the water in it.
2. Add citric acid in it and stir untill it completly dissolved.
3. Sprinkle the gelatin over the juice mixture and let it sit for about 15 minutes. ( Do not stir )
Step 5: Making of watermelon jellies
1. Take sugar and water in a large saucepan. Bring it to boil over medium heat, uncovered, stirring until the sugar melts.
2. When the liquid starts to bubble, stop stirring and cook until it reaches 300 F in candy thermometer.
3. Take the gelatin mixture in another saucepan and pour the hot sugar syrup into the gelatin mixture.
4. Gently place the saucepan over medium - low heat and continously stirring and cook for 5 minutes. ( Do not let the mixture to boil )
5. Pour the hot mixture into the parchment lined bread baking pan and let it sit for 3 hours.