Introduction: SWEET POTATO CRISPIES IN 4 MINS
Today's recipe is a super easy recipe you can add to your BBQ spread, it is healthy, clean and will stop you snacking mindlessly while waiting for the men to stop chatting and grill some meat!
Replace your mandatory bowl of crisps with this healthier, non-processed, crunchy treat that is just as tasty and will keep you slim and trim this summer.
Also, I have had these at every dinner party and it is always the first thing to go and everyone loves them.
Step 1: Ingredients
Here is what you will need:
- 1 Sweet Potato.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil or fry light spray.
- Seasoning (salt, chilli, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper) any will do.
- Cooking mesh (this will make the crisps nice and crunchy, you are welcome!) Parchment paper works as well.
- Julienne peeler (I just bought of one of these from Amazon and I am currently 'Julienne crazy'). If you don't have one a potato peeler will work just fine.
Step 2: Instruction
- Preheat oven to 150c (if using the oven).
- Peel sweet potato and cut into strips with the Julienne slicer or potato peeler.
Place strips on the mesh (see photo or video).
Spray some oil and sprinkle some salt.
- Then microwave on medium for 4 minutes OR bake for 10-15 minutes checking at 5-minute intervals in the oven or 2-minute intervals in the microwave.
Step 3: Sweet Potato Crispies
When all the strips are baked and crispy, leave to cool at room temperature and they will get even crispier!
And BOOM! It is ready to be devoured as a snack or a side. Enjoy :).
Did you try this recipe? Please leave a comment below and let me know how you get on!