The instructable will be how to make the sound-proof container and the last step will be how I made the cool alarm clock thingy. I will share my ideas on how to make it work even better and hopefully give you some ideas of your own. The idea behind it was an alarm that used modified headphones that wouldn't fall off during sleep attached to an iPhone. The problem is that the iPhone alarms come through the headphones and the thing itself, so I had to find a way to block the sound from the iPhone. This is that story.
It's a basic design but you may have to replace some of the materials. Shouldn't be too hard. Most of the things you wouldn't be able to find are easily replaceable.
Step 1: Tools and Materials
- Scroll saw
- Screw driver
- Something to cut the thick cardboard with - I used this with a rotary tool: http://www.dremel.com/en-us/AttachmentsAndAccessories/Pages/AttachmentsDetail.aspx?pid=543
- Yoga mat (I recommend just buying one and keeping the extra materiel. It's useful to have.)
- Thick cardboard tube (I used the tube that those plastic table clothes come rolled in. Just find the thickest you can. You can always wrap it in more cardboard) Make sure its inner diameter is bigger than the width of your alarm
- Old socks or any other old clothing
- Bigger cardboard tube - I used a oat container
- Duct tape
- Small nails
- Key ring