With Instructables you can share what you make with the world, and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
SUPPLIES NEEDED: 1)Horse 2)Western Saddle 3)Girth 4)Bridal 5)Reins 6)Saddlepad or Blanket
1) Get a Blanket or Saddlepad (Make sure the saddlepad fits the horse.) Tip- Place the saddlepad or blanket on top of the withers so the horse won't get saddle ...
2) From the left side of the horse, carefully put the saddlepad or blanket on the horses back. Tip-Make sure there are no wrinkles in the saddlepad.
3) Get the saddle, and from the LEFT side of the horse, throw the saddle over the horses back and make sure the stirups aren't caught under the saddle. ...
4) From the left side, grab the girth from under the horses stomach and slip the leather latigo (a part of the saddle) into the rigging ring (a ...
5) Tie the rigging ring into a typical cinch knot, tighten again before you mount the horse. Tip-Have an adult or friend check your girth to ensure safety before ...
6) After you have tightened the girth, it is time to put the bridal and reins on the horse. Position yourself next to the horse's shoulder on the ...
7) Next, pass the bridle under the horse's chin to rest on its nose.
8) Lay the reins across the horse's neck and put the bit mouthpiece in your left hand. Open the mouth by working your thumb into the corner of ...
9) Place the headstall over the ears, gently pushing the ears into the ear loops and pulling away any forelock. (If the forelock gets tangled in the bridal ...
10) After putting both ears in the headstall, you need to secure the throat latch. You should be able to fit your fist through the throat latch. If ...
11) Once you are finished saddling the horse, you are ready to mount. Tip-If your horse gets frightened easily, have someone hold the horse's reins while you mount.
Saddling a Western Horseby slamb94
Saddling a Horse the Western Wayby kaik
Basic Saddling Technique (Western)by jstarmer21
How To Clean A Western Saddleby ferrari093
Tonto dog rider costumeby mikeasaurus
Join 2 million + to receive instant inspiration in your inbox.
Download our apps!
© 2015 Autodesk, Inc.
Enter the email associated with your account and we will send you your username and a temporary password.
Not a member? Sign Up »
Already a member? Login »
That's a pro feature!
Want to go pro?
First step is to sign up.
By clicking "Sign me up!" you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of service.
Already a member?" Login »