Step 1: Tools And Materials
1. Goggles,Gloves (Safe!!)
3. Hacksaw I use a Constant Tension style using Starrett 24tpi blades
( Your Choice of hacksaw and blade are up to you. A whole series
of instructables can be written about hacksaws and use.)
4. Cutting oil ( I use a mix of Marvel's Mystery Oil and WD-40)
5. Finishing Tools: Metal files,Sand Paper (Your choice)
Note: I chose a Hacksaw to keep the knife's original temper, Using
a little cutting oil (keep a rag to clean) and time I used only one blade.
Step 2: Tools and Materials
1. Cold Steel(tm) True-Flight Thrower
(Available from Cold Steel Special Projects online)
2. Leather (Happy Hunting on That, I obtained it onboard.)
Can also purchase the optional Sheath and mod it.
3. Waxed Whipping twine (From Marine/Sailing Stores)
I used Marlow #4 I purchased from Sailing Supply in
San Diego, Available in several colors.
4. Needles, HD for Sail Repair, By several will break one or two.
From #3 Sources.
5. Optional, The Knife comes wrapped in Green Paracord,
I used Tarred Marline/Seine Twine for added grip and
Note: There are several sources here and on the Web on
Sheath construction and all different ways to make various
Marlinspike Sennits,Whippings.etc, for the Handle..
So I will list materials and ToolsI used for it only.