It's essentially a modified grilled cheese sandwich with Salmon.
Oh, I'm not the soi-disant of sandwiches by any means, so the recipe is open to tweaking. That disclaimer being set, on with the sandwich!
Step 1: Ingredients
You will need:
Whole Wheat Bread
Cheese (I used Land O Lakes "Chedarella" snack cheese, but sliced cheese will also work!)
Canned Salmon (I like Bumble Bee's "Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon" but use the brand you like/have)
Butter (or Margarine)
You will also need a Panini Press or George Foreman grill or good ol' fashioned frying pan.
Onions (which you have to grill/sauté first, prior to including it in your sandwich)
Paprika (Powdered, for seasoning on Salmon)
Step 2: Assembly
1. Butter both slices of bread and leave face up
2. Spread your cheese over one slice
3. Scoop some of your canned salmon over the cheese and sliced bread
4. Season with pepper and salt
(Optional: season with paprika and add your grilled/sautéed onions. You won't see onions in this picture because I didn't have any!)
5. Add another layer of cheese by stacking it on the salmon
6. Flip the waiting buttered slice around so that it kisses the stack to cover up your sandwich.
7. Now butter that exposed top slice