Although the recipe asks for canned salmon, leftover salmon can be used. If you're allergic to fish use some leftover chicken. Not a meat eater? The pie could easily be turned vegeterian by replacing the salmon with other ingredients such as mushrooms and rice.
Step 1: Ingredients
2 cans (7.5oz/213 grams) Salmon
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green peppers
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon fresh dill weed
1 tablepoon oregano
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 box of puff pastry dough
Step 2: Preparing the Filling
2. Combine the first 8 ingredients in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix well and set aside.
Step 3: Filling the Pie
2. Spread half the filling into the middle of the pastry.
3. Fold the pastry around the salmon, seal all end openings and set aside.
4. Cut the remaining dough in half. For both pieces, roll out, fill with salmon and fold pastry around as per steps 1 to 3.
2. Use the saved salmon juice from the can to brush all over Pi, alternatevely you can use butter or milk. This will give the pie a nice golden colour.
3. Bake the pie at 375 F until golden brown, approximately 30 minutes.
4. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
HAPPY Pi DAY !!!!!!!!