We all know education is the foundation of a person. But in many developing and poor countries, there are many children who can't attain education because of limited facilities. Many houses are there without electricity. As a result, even students who are going to school cannot study at home. My project is to create a cost-free study lamp for my brothers and sisters.
Step 1: Making the Apparatus
- A plastic bottle is taken.
- Two holes are made on it and magnesium and iron electrodes are kept in the bottle through the holes.
Make a strong solution of salt (about 200 grams of salt per liter) and pour it into the plastic bottle.
- The holes are filled with M-seal so that the salt water does not flow out through it.
- A wire is connected to each of the electrodes outside.
- These wires are connected to a voltmeter. But we could get only a small voltage which is inadequate to light the study lamp.
- The electric current coming from the salt water is of low voltage and can be converted to a higher voltage using "Joule Thief".
- Thus the above Joule Thief circuit is connected to LED bulbs and a student could study up to 2 hours continuously.