Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino is a delicious seasonal flavor that comes out in the fall. It recently came off the menu, so I thought I'd share how you can make it at home. The description on Starbucks website talks about mixing mocha and toffee nut, but I assume they do that because they don't have salted caramel? I'm not sure, but I made mine with salted caramel Torani syrup.
You can also make this with regular caramel syrup, caramel sauce, or even make your own salted caramel sauce. Make it whatever way works for you!
Step 1: Supplies
This recipe is a single serving and makes about the equivalent of a 16oz Grande from Starbucks.
- 2c ice
- 1/4c strong coffee
- 1/2c milk - or Half & Half or whipping cream
- 1-2 tbsp Chocolate Sauce / or / Torani's Chocolate Milano Syrup
- 3 pumps/tbsp Salted Caramel syrup / or / 3 tbsp salted caramel sauce / or / 3 tbsp Caramel syrup
- 2-3 tbsp simple syrup (or 3 tbsp of sugar, but simple syrup blends in better)
- Pinch of Xantham Gum (optional)
- Whipped topping
- Chocolate sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Sea Salt - if that is something you like - Starbucks states they use "a blend of turbinado sugar and sea salt"
Replace coffee with milk (or whatever you are using).
Step 2: Blend
Blend all ingredients. My xantham gum got away from me there a little bit :P
Step 3: Serve
Top it with your choice of deliciousness and you're done!