Step 7: Installing the new LCD
17. Ok so now lets put the new LCD into the phone. Your new LCD will have a clear plastic film covering the screen. Grab the blue or green tab and remove the clear screen cover and throw away.
18. Now on the ribbon cable where the cable sticks to the metal area on the green board may have a sticker on it. Remove the sticker so the the ribbon cable will stick to the metal strip on the board.
19. YOU STILL HAVE NOT INSTALLED IT YET. We are at the most important part of the new lcd installation. Trust me you want to pay attention here, because if not you will have to take the phone apart again and thats not fun!!! Ok insert the ribbon into the slot where you took the old ribbon out under the brown locking bar. You must make sure that the ribbon goes in all the way so that the white line on the board is even with the white line on the ribbon. Once you have it in push the brown locking bar back down locking the ribbon in place.
20. Now attach the ribbon to the metal sticky tab on the board and then press the lcd into the frame. You can now re-install the speaker ribbon back onto the back of the lcd along with the key board ribbon if you moved it out of the way. (when I did mine the black button fell out of the phone that you use on the front of the phone next to the screen. There are 2 little black posts that this button sets behind under the speaker ribbon. Just re-insert it and make sure that it is in correctly.)
21. Once you have the LCD installed gently close the front face plate back onto the frame. Insert the top part where the headphones would plug in first then squeeze the front cover back onto the frame working your way around the edge. You will feel the factory clips snap back into place.
22. Remove the 2 silver motherboard screws and set aside. Carefully lift the board out exposing the area where the keypad sits.
23. Now slide the phone back open and put the 4 black screws back in where they belong. Take the rubber keypad and put it back correctly onto the black grid face down.
24. Fold the motherboard back over and re-install the 2 silver screws. ALL OF THE SCREWS ONLY NEED TO BE TIGHTEND JUST BEYOND WHEN THEY GET FIRM. DO NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OVER TIGHTEN THEM. THEY WILL STRIP OUT VERY EASILY.
25. Almost done. Take the bottom outer case and starting at one end snap it in place all the way around untill all the factory clips are back snapped in. Re-install the 6 brass colored outer edge screws. Insert the battery and battery cover.
26. Now cross your fingers and hope that when you power it on you see the home screen. If you don't and you see a black screen then you did not insert the lcd's ribbon far enough so that the white lines where aligned. They must be perfect. I know because I took my phone apart several times before I got it right.
I hope that this instructable helped you. I searched the internet and did not locate any instructions for screen replacement for the Inensity 2. Peace.