The Armor i built was a fairly simple design but due to my small body structure was a little difficult to form the armor. how ever it worked out and i only messed up once during the whole build process! (drilled the wrong holes in one of the armor panels.)
I built this for fun based on several other instructables and my wanting of a costume that i built from the ground up and designed myself as well as having a sweet costume for dragon con 2012 ;).
the total cost of this project was $110 and took just under two weeks by myself :)
the armor i made is made out of HDPE 3/8" or cutting board. this armor made from a design from a video game will be used in stunts with sharpened knives and swords and compared to other armor types of the period made out of the same material after the testing well be doing a "deadliest warrior" style challenge were we have a face off in the many armor and compete with real swords!
what youll need:
2 sheets of HDPE plastic or your choice of armor material. you can use ABS,Sintra etc. (noobies use sintra its easy to work with and cheap!)*** Some one mentioned that you can get used acid drums made out of HDPE and cut them out, that way the armor is already shaped and rounded.***
Lots of thread i used a 7/8" ribbed thread to thread the armor together and about 12 Spools of it.
fabric (i used Brocade/Sari)
lighter for (burning the edges of the thread)
hot glue gun
this is a moderate build took only two weeks at full time hours but it does require a lot of drilling and threading.
feel free to make your own changes to what ever you like! like paints, fabrics and threads!
feel free to ask questions and share comments with others! best of luck!