Step 8: Makin' Sausage
- Make a batch of your favorite sausage. I'm partial to hot Italian sausage myself.
- Rinse out some sausage casings. Leave them sitting in a bowl of water.
- Set up the stuffer over a pan and open the top.
- Fill the stuffer with your sausage.
- Attach the top and set up the stuffer on its side.
- Clamp it down.
- Tie a knot in the end of the casing and thread it onto the nozzle. A little grease or spray oil helps this process.
- Turn the crank with one hand and guide the sausage with the other.
- Look at it go! Just like the fuzzy pumper barbershop!
- When the casing is full tie off the end and twist into links. Remember to twist every other link in the opposite direction (You'll see what I mean when you get there).
- Enjoy some awesome homemade sausage.