Introduction: Save Money With a Sandpaper Insert in Your Wallet
Do you find that you're spending money without thinking when paying with your card? If you're looking for a way to help change your spending habits this simple and easy to make project might help.
Cool your spending down and put some thought into your transactions with this simple sand paper insert, that helps create a little pause for thought.
Use a card too frequently without thinking and you potentially damage the card, meaning you have to go through the hassle of obtaining a new one.
Why not try it for a few weeks and see how much you save? If you do, we'd love to hear how you get on.
Here's how to make it...
Step 1: Materials and Tools That You Will Need.
- A credit / debit card (to trace around)
- Some card to provide support for the sandpaper
- A pen/pencil
- A wallet
- Sandpaper ( the lower the grit the quicker it will stop your spending)
Step 2: Making the Cardboard Backing
For this you will need a piece of card anything that you have lying around will do.
1. use your debit/credit card as a template to draw around on the card.
2. cut around the drawn line and that will leave you with the cardboard template.
Step 3: Attach the Sandpaper
Now you need too:
1. take your cardboard template and draw around it on the back of the sandpaper.
2. cut the sandpaper out
3. glue it to the cardboard
You might want to tidy up the edges with your scissors.
Step 4: Step 4: Inserting Into the Wallet
Now all you need to do is put it in the pocket that you store your card and enjoy the benefits of saving money.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.