Cool your spending down and put some thought into your transactions with this simple sand paper insert, that helps create a little pause for thought.
Use a card too frequently without thinking and you potentially damage the card, meaning you have to go through the hassle of obtaining a new one.
Why not try it for a few weeks and see how much you save? If you do, we'd love to hear how you get on.
Here's how to make it...
Step 1: Materials and Tools That You Will Need.
- Some card to provide support for the sandpaper
- A pen/pencil
- A wallet
- Sandpaper ( the lower the grit the quicker it will stop your spending)
Step 2: Making the Cardboard Backing
1. use your debit/credit card as a template to draw around on the card.
2. cut around the drawn line and that will leave you with the cardboard template.
Step 3: Attach the Sandpaper
1. take your cardboard template and draw around it on the back of the sandpaper.
2. cut the sandpaper out
3. glue it to the cardboard
You might want to tidy up the edges with your scissors.