Introduction: Saw Handle Pizza Cutter
Step 1: Sketch Handle Outline & Cut It Out
- I sketched a saw handle outline onto my scrap piece of teak.
- You can also get a template of a saw handle from google images print it and glue it to your wood and use it as a cutting guide if you are not confident drawing the handle free hand.
- I used my Jigsaw to cut the handle out but you could also use a fretsaw
- Do not cut any fingers off as this will make your pizza eating experience less enjoyable!!
Step 2: Shape & Sand the Handle
- I used a Dremel tool with a sanding drum to round over the edges of the handle so it fits the hand comfortably
- When using the dremel be careful not to push the sanding drum into the wood too hard as this left burn marks on the teak I used,which meant I had to sand some more!
- I sanded with my random orbital sander and by hand up to 320 grit for a nice smooth finish.
Step 3: Drill Hole for Cutting Wheel & Epoxy It Into Your Awesome Saw Handle!!
- Secure your handle upright so you can drill into it safely!
- I used a 3mm drill bit to drill a series of holes deep and wide enough to accommodate the cutting wheel shank.
- Test fit the cutting wheel
- When the cutting wheel is fitting nicely mix your epoxy up and fill up the hole you drilled
- Insert the cutting wheel shank into the hole and remove any overflow of epoxy.
- Follow the drying time guide lines on the epoxy and allow it to dry.
Step 4: Oil the Handle
- I used a copious amount of mineral oil to finish this handle as I wanted the wood grain to pop
- I like using mineral oil as it is quick to dry & I did not have to wait to long to get cutting pizzas!
Step 5: Cook Your Favourite Pizza & Cut It in Comfort & Style!!
- I cooked my favourite pizza and made some test cuts
- The saw handle pizza cutter performed flawlessly!!
- I made a YouTube Video of the process for my channel BCDesign
- Please subscribe & thumbs up my video and have a look at some of my other projects!
To view more of my videos please go here https://www.youtube.com/user/bazza866/videos
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.