Introduction: Scary Eyes
I had read about an idea of using a toilet paper roll and a glow stick to make a scary eyed decoration to put in a bush but I didn't like the idea of using a new glow stick every night plus I wanted something waterproof and big so I came up with this.
Here are the parts needed.
- Transparent plastic bottle – CLEAR 1 Liter
- Duct tape – Camouflage, Green or Black
- Aluminum Duct Tape
- Small Yard Solar Light
- Green, White or Red Tissue Paper
- Eye Template – Downloaded
Step 1: Cut One End Off Bottle
Cut off the end with the cap and remove the plastic label. Rinse and dry the inside.
Step 2: Tape the Template to the Bottle
- Use clear tape and tape it to the outside.
- Then cut out the inside of the eyes where the light will shine through.
- Tape the duct tape to the outside being careful not to cover the opening.
Step 3: Cover the Rest of the Bottle With the Aluminum Tape
Cover the rest of the bottle with the Aluminum tape. With my really large hands I struggled to cover the inside and on the third one realized it works just as good to cover the bottle from the outside. duhhhh.
Step 4: Cover the Aluminum Tape With Your Outside Tape. Cut Out the Hole.
- I used black tape. Next time I'll use camouflage or green duct tape.
- Cut out the hole for the solar light. It does not have to be exact since you'll use plenty of tape to tape the light up.
Step 5: Add the Mini Solar Yard Light
- Remove the orange tape to activate the battery.
- Push the light in the hole.
- Tape it up so no water gets in.
Step 6: Here Is What the Eyes Look Like.
Here is what the eyes look like in the light and dark. And here is a template I made.