Step 1: Gather Materials
• Bigger piece of fabric. A little longer than your projects length. This is the base fabric.
• Enough fabric for the back of your bracelets to hide the seams
• Can of Sizing or Water Soluble Stabilizer
• Sewing machine and basic sewing supplies
Step 2: Layout Your Fabric
2. Start laying down your bigger scraps. Cover most if not all of your base fabric.
3. Lay out your smaller scraps on top of these big pieces.
Step 3: Stabilize Your Fabric
Step 4: Sew Your Collage
Sew a straight stitch or zigzag up and down and around the entire collage making sure all of the pieces are sewn to the base. My little helper held the sides while I sewed the pieces down in a square pattern.
Step 5: Cut Your Pieces Out
Cut strips of your backing fabric at the same width.
Cut the length of the fabric collage and backing an inch or more longer than the circumference of your wrist.
Step 6: Sew the Bracelet
Turn right side out and press. Turn in the open edge and sew shut. You can sew a top stitch around the edges if you please.
Step 7: Add a Button
On the other short side, sew a button hole. I just set my machine to zero and zigzag stitched a rectangle. Seam rip open the hole.
Step 8: Embellish and Adore
Here are some other fabric collage projects