What You Need
Pillow case fabric (for a 17" pillow half a yard will work)
Scraps for design and to make lettering (a fat quarter of each will be more than enough)
Ultra Hold Heat Bond (to make iron on lettering) or store bought iron on letters.
2. For a 17" pillow you'll need a piece of fabric 17x38 inches long.
3. Finish the short edges of the pillow case piece. I did this with a serger or you can just fold the fabric under twice and sew.
5. Cut your scraps into little pieces. Open up the pillow case fabric and arrange the middle part of the pillow case fabric (you want it to be inside the ironed lines). Pin them down and sew around each one.
7. Peel the paper back off of the iron on position on your pillow case over the scrap pieces and iron down.
9. Sew across the top and bottom.
11. Admire your beautiful creation. Easy right? Feel free to leave a comment on my blog if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.
If you try it out and post it somewhere on the interweb I'd love you to add it to my weekly What We Wore and Made link party.