Would you like to have a very stylish bowl to impress your friends/family at parties or other social gatherings?
Are you bored?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, this Instructable is for you. Watch the video on Step 2 or read the more in-depth written instructions that follow it and you will soon know how to create your very own artistic bowl made from screws. Show off your bowl at any get-together or just stare at it and bask in your own creative brilliance.
Step 1: Supplies
- Lots of Screws I used 105 screws in my bowl that I had left over from a building project. If possible, use two or three (or more) types of screws, this gives the bowl a more interesting look. I advice using galvanized screws if possible because their rougher texture lends itself to bonding with the glue better than regular screws.
- Gorilla Super Glue (or hot glue for faster, but slightly less professional, results)
- A Non-Screw Bowl the same size you wish the Screw Bowl to be
- Aluminum Foil
- Optional: High Gloss, Clear-Coat Spray Finish (if you want the Screw Bowl to be shiny)
- Optional (but recommended): Acetone which will soften the Gorilla Super Glue in case you glue any of your body parts together or glue screws to your fingers
Step 2: Screw Bowl - the Movie
Step 3: Prepare to Make the Screw Bowl
Step 4: Start Gluing Screws Together
Make sure to create a nice heavy base before attempting to start down the sides of the mold otherwise, the weight could pull the unfinished Screw Bowl so that it would no longer be centered on the mold, leading to a wobbly, unsymmetrical finished product.
Step 5: Continue Gluing Screws
If you plan to use this bowl to serve food (and you should, it is a hit at every party I bring it to), try not to have any screws with their pointy ends protruding above the rim of the Screw Bowl; people will not appreciate your artistic prowess nearly so much if it hurts them.
Step 6: Remove the Screw Bowl From the Mold
Step 7: Congratulations
Congratulations, you are now the proud owner of a Screw Bowl. Show it off at parties, or just marvel at it. This is a bowl truly befitting an Instructables member.